Friday, July 24, 2009

Me and The Manatee

I will start with my most incredible experience. I was in Blue Springs Orlando with my Dad, my Fiance, my brother and his girlfriend, and some of our family in orlando and there were manatees everywhere. There are spots you can swim in the springs as long as there are no manatees around given it is illegal to swim with them due to them being endangered. It was January so the temp outside I remember was around 50 that morning. Well before my family knew it I had hopped in the warm 75 degree water. The current was pretty strong so I went out in the middle and just hung out when I heard my family saying "quiet, here it comes, here it comes. its a big one." All I was thinking was "what was coming, it was hard for me to see in the water as I was in to my shoulders so i really couldnt see down. Plus this place is filled with gators and snakes and luckily for me a manatee that wanted a closer look. I cant describe to you the excitement and joy I had as I watched the manatee around me. Enjoy the video and pictures.

sorry the video is a little rough. it was originally taped on one of those mini tapes that were popular for about a year before the mini discs came out.

No comments: